Maria-Alejandra Gonzalez-Perez PhD, MBS, FCDipl
2003 - 2007 PhD. National
Dissertation: Social Responsibility Networks in the banana industry: The role of Corporate Social Responsibility and the International Civil Society in improving working and living conditions in the Banana Industry.
2001 - 2003 M.B.S. (Masters in Business Studies) in Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management.
Dissertation: Actions and Strategies undertaken by trade unions and employers to integrate immigrant workers in
Second Class Honours Degree. 2:1
Courses: Research Methods, People Management & Development, Managing Organisational Change, Employee Relations, Human Resource Development, Managing, Knowledge Management and the Learning Organisation, Employee Reward, Industrial Relations and Employment Law, and Consultancy, Emplacement, Thesis dissertation.
2003 (Winter term) PhD Exchange Programme, Department of Sociology, University of California (UCLA),
Superior Achievement: A
Courses: Migration theory, international migration, migration and the labour market, comparative migration; academic writing.
1994 - 1998 Psychology. Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana,
Dissertation: A hermeneutic-interpretative approach to the classification of early signs and symptoms in the development of psychotic disorders.
Thesis Supervisor: Dr. Oscar A. Muñiz.
Courses: General Psychology, Biology, Ecology, Genetics, Anatomy I and II, Neuro-Psychology,
Developmental Psychology I, II and III, Mathematical Logic, Statistics, Research Methods I, II, III and IV, IT I and II, Planning And Project Evaluation I and II, Behavioral Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Dynamic Psychology, Humanist Psychology, Anthropology and Culture, Psychoanalis I and II , Organizational Psychology I and II, Social Psychology I and II, Community Psychoology, Health Psychology, Educational Psychology.
Clinical Psychology Training 1996 -1998
First Class Honours Degree (Overall mark 88%)
Courses: Psychopathology, Psychometrics I and II, Diagnosis Techniques, Psychotherapy I and II,
Clinical Psychology I and II, Colombian Problems, Professional Ethics, Practice I, II and III, Thesis Dissertation.
OTHER PUBLICATIONS (NON-PEER REVIEWS PUBLICATIONS):
1. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A. 2007. Sindicalismo: integración de trabajadores inmigrantes. Actualidad Laboral y Seguridad Social, Vol. 141: 19-24
03.1998- 06.1998 Scholarship for the practice term in the Universidad de Granada.
01.2003 - 03.2003 Scholarship exchange programme
Special project: Unions campaigns to promote social and economic justice for immigrants workers.
10.2003 -12.2007 Scholarship by the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (IRCHSS). Project: Globalization and Global Waves.
PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS:
1. Forero-Madero, C.-X., Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A., & Lombana, J. (2008). Value Chains and the Challenges of Fair Trade : Bananas from
2. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A, McDonough, T. & Dundon, T. (2008). A theoretical framework for glocalisation of labour migration. The Romanian Journal of European Studies, 5-6/2006.
4. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A., Mac Labhrainn,
5. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A., McDonough, T., & Raghavendra, S. (2007). Trade Union Movement: CSR, Civil Society and Cross Transnational Labour Relations in the Agriculture Industry. Indian Journal of Labour Economics. Vol. 49. Issue 4.
6. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A., & Murphy, T. (2007). The Global University: The Role of the Curriculum Bourn, D., McKenzie, A. and Shiel, C., Development Education Association. Education, Citizenship and Social Justice. Vol. 2. Issue 2.
1. McDonough, T., Reich, M., Kotz, D. M., & Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A. (Eds.). (2006). Growth and Crisis, Social Structure of Accumulation: Theory and Analysis.
2. Gonzalez, M. A. (2003). Actions and Strategies undertaken by trade unions and employers to integrate immigrant workers in
3. Gonzalez, M. A., & Corcho, M.-M. (1998). A hermeneutic-interpretative approach to the classification of early signs and symptoms in the development of psychotic disorders. Unpublished Dissertation, Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Medellin, Colombia.
1. Gonzalez-Perez, M.-A., & McDonough, T. 2007. More than Bananas: Social responsibility Networks and labour relations in the banana industry in the Uraba Region of
2. Gonzalez-Perez, M.A. (2006). Corporate Social Responsibility as a Form of Transnational Regulation. In: McDonough et al, Growth and Crisis: Social Structure of Accumulation Theory and Analysis. National
International Business Department. Universidad Eafit,
Professor and Director of the International Business Research Group. January 2008 - Present
. Full-Time professor and director of the research group in international business.
. Researcher in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Industrial Relations and Globalization..
Community Knowledge Initiative (CKI) at the
Post-Doctoral Researcher. February 2007 -January 2008
. Full-Time researcher in the area of higher education and civic and community engagement with focus on the role of universities and colleges in a wider society.
. Compilation of comprehensive bibliographies and write literature reviews on social responsibility of higher education institutions (HEIs) .
. Identification, evaluation and critical revision a number of international models of university - community partnership.
. Contribution to the development (and piloting) of appropriate models of partnership relevant to NUI Galway and its regional and national context.
. Conduction of original research activities including interviews, focus groups and/or questionnaires.
. Assisting with the organisation of a number of research seminars on relevant topics with visiting speakers, linking with interests in a number of university departments.
Centre for Innovation & Structural Change (CISC)
Doctoral Researcher. October 2003 - Present
. Research on multi-level governance including instrumental initiatives led by the private sector (corporate social responsibility (CSR)) and by other economic and social actors of the international civil society.